Monday 3 January 2022

January 2nd - Pochard, WF Geese and a Tufty

What a fantastic start to the year for patch birding! Both getting out in nature and spending time at home over the last few days has really put perspective on things that I SHOULD be doing. I'm determined to work less this year. If I stop work now, I've done more hours than a 50 year old working in full-time employment since they were 18. This is at 30 years old. Genuinely, no exaggeration. To say I have been drained both mentally and physically is an understatement. Cue the violins... 

An afternoon trip to Seaton Marshes was very productive, with a Pochard and Tufted Duck being watched by Phil Abbott when I arrived. Bun found them earlier in the day apparently! This is the 1st Pochard that's been here at a time when I wasn't working (violins again), so I was pleased to finally see one locally. Also locally scarce but not really a surprise given the numbers about at the moment were 3 White-fronted Geese on Bridge Marsh.


Pochard and Tufted Duck


No comments:

Post a Comment