Monday 2 May 2011

Dragonfly!! And more...

With the weather being pretty rough recently I had little hope of seeing many butterflies today. However, better still I stumbled upon a dragonfly, nearly literally. I noticed it just before it was about to get trodden on. This was pleasing as it's the first dragonfly I've seen this year (in my book damselflies do NOT count). Fairly unsurprisingly it was far too cold for the female Libellula depressa (broad-bodied chaser) to fly. So I took advantage and took a few snaps of her:


















Onto the birds. Nothing too interesting here. Got some more shots of the (male) kingfisher, but they're not as good as previous ones so I won't bother posting them.
There was a Grey Heron over Chantry Bridge. I rarely complain about a subject being TOO close to photograph, but this one was. I had a fixed 300mm lens so had little choice but to take this...

That's not blown up post production, this is the size of the bird in the original pic!


















And later on there were these:

















And a hungry robin:

No comments:

Post a Comment