Monday 25 April 2011

Kingfishers, best day yet!!

Today was my first COMPLETELY free day to do whatever I like since October 2010, so I thought there was no better way to spend it than down by the River Coly. I headed out early in the morning and got a few shots of the female Kingfisher. After this success with the female bird, I headed home for some lunch. This Buzzard is the only other semi-acceptable photo I took in the morning:

Nice bird! They're doing well in the Coly area.


















So after some lunch, I headed back down to the Kingfishers, this time with the sun shining nicely on their main perching branch, downstream of the nest site. This extra light helped immensely with the photography side of things. Here is some photo technical details for those of you who are interested.

Male bird (pic shown below) taken at:
300mm
1/640 sec
f/5.6
ISO 100

So here's a shot of the male.
This is cropped.


















Love these birds, (you can probably tell by now...) simply stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment