Friday 18 July 2014

Barn Owl, Little Owl and migratory Waders

I've been a tad on the busy side to be able to dedicate much time to wildlife/photography; I did manage to get out on an evening midweek, and also tonight. It was good to see 3 summer plumage Dunlin on Black Hole Marsh this evening, but better still was 5 Little Ringed Plover (4 adult, 1 juvenile); not a bad count for here, or anywhere local come to that.

Little Ringed Plover


I also took a few shots of one of the adult Barn Owls but it was well after dark (21:40). I managed to 'make' the photo look better than the scene appeared in real life by increasing the sensitivity of the camera sensor but this obviously introduced noise and resulted in poor colouring:




The Black Hole Marsh Oystercatcher families continue to do well and make a great deal of noise:




And the wader numbers are steadily increasing. Due something rare I reckon...

Dunlin

Common Sandpiper


A midweek trip to where the River Coly meets the Umborne Brook yielded this distant, dark but handsome specimen:

Little Owl, taken at night well after dark

I'm hoping for another evening thunder & lightening storm as I'd love to get some shots of it! I was out in last night's storm 23:00 - 01:00 ish but didn't have the camera; thankfully some lovely company made up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment