Thursday 29 August 2013

Migrants and scarcities photo catch up!

Again I'm pushed for time so just a few pics to post. I went out super early this morning (only had until 07:30 due to work) but unfortunately this was too early to see the Marsh Harrier. Bit of a shame with all the hours I've been putting in lately. Take a look at Karen's blog for some decent pics of it; it must've been showing very well for her after I had to leave to go to work!
Other birds of interest lately have been:
At Beer Head: Whinchat, Tree Pipit, Wheatear, Yellow Wagtail and I found a juv Pied Flycatcher which was a patch first for me.
And at Black Hole Marsh: BLACK TERN, Curlew Sandpiper, Little Stint, and Yellow Wagtail. I also found a 2nd Cuckoo during one of my morning checks and it's been seen every day since.

Wheatear

Whinchat

Black Tern

Black Tern

Black Tern

Curlew Sandpiper

Curlew Sandpiper

Curlew Sandpiper

The light was terrible for the Yellow Wagtail pics but they're my best to date so here they are:

Yellow Wagtail

Yellow Wagtail

Yellow Wagtail

Little Stint

No comments:

Post a Comment