Thursday 8 August 2013

Gorgeous Waders inc. WOOD SAND

As I didn't have time to go to Black Hole Marsh to see the 2 Wood Sandpipers and the Sanderling last night, I got up bright and early and headed to the marsh for a couple of hours before work this morning (I start at 8:00...). I was disappointed to see that only one Wood Sandpiper remained but I did manage some (pretty lame) pics of it. Firstly here's a couple of closer crops of pics from the last post:

Dunlin

Ringed Plover

And another of a Dunlin:

Zzzzzzzz

And here's a couple of the Wood Sandpiper from this morning. Taken somewhere between 06:00 and 07:00, the light was TERRIBLE as I was shooting (more or less) into the Sun. I managed to avoid the dreaded silhouette via manual camera settings though so it could have been worse.




A Snipe came fairly close but the light was terrible for this pic too. The water was nice and calm though so I'll post it anyway :)



And I have a Sparrowhawk to thank for scaring a Lapwing fairly close to the Island Hide this evening:


And finally here's a pic of some Ringed Plover and Dunlin flying:


No comments:

Post a Comment