Monday 15 July 2013

Gull-filled evening

I was feeling a bit rough at work this morning so I booked this afternoon off to have a rest. By rest I mean cycle to Black Hole Marsh (motorbike is out of action) and take some wildlife pics. There wasn't anything particularly unusual to see; the best was 7 Dunlin, 2 Greenshank, 4+ Common Sandpipers and a few dragonfly species. I'll post some pics of these in the next day or two.
I then spent the evening out at sea with some work colleagues, and what a lovely evening it was too! The sea was nice and calm and the air was a pleasant temperature with the boat-speed induced breeze. However, it didn't take long until some of us were sporting interesting patterns of Mackerel blood and poo on our legs and clothes etc. Delightful! The fishing did give me opportunity to take these Gull pics though:




No comments:

Post a Comment