Sunday 25 March 2012

Kingfisher info, 2 peregrines and 2 cranes...

(Severe lack of time so I'll make this quick):

...although unfortunately the Cranes were in Somerset. I was out flying (model planes) for the day with Dad, and we heard some calls which we recognised as Cranes, and there were two of them gliding on thermals over the airfield, in brilliant synchronicity. Had some cracking views, and they flew around in view for a good 7-8 minutes. First ones I've ever seen in the wild.
We saw the 2 peregrines in the morning; we heard their distinct calls whilst packing the car so we looked up and sure enough there were 2 birds flying close together right above us (150 metres up I guess).
I went for a brief walk along the River Coly yesterday and saw a few Kingfishers. I can now confirm that there is a pair at ALL THREE nest sites that I've mentioned in previous blog posts. Now all I need to do is find where they perch to fish so I can get some action shots (photo opportunities will always be down to luck regarding when there are dogs/un-subtle people around)... I have found a couple of areas which are prone to Kingfisher presence (other than the nests of course) so I'll ty monitoring these areas and see what I come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment