Tuesday 18 June 2019

A rather colourful Cattle Egret

I've seen quite a few Cattle Egrets on patch, but the one that landed on Black Hole Marsh briefly on the evening of the 17th was easily the best looking! It wasn't really twitchable as it was fairly late when I saw it and it flew south moments later. Perhaps it'll still be around the Seaton area in the morning.

I was trying out my new Sony camera with one of my bigger Canon lenses, a combination which isn't meant to be able to cope with wildlife pics very well (have to do a lot of the work manually, but I tend to anyway). Then again, my Canon body is primarily a studio and landscape type camera rather than an action/wildlife camera, but I make do with it!



The only other birds of note from the evening were 4 Med Gulls, also on BHM.

Late news but worth mentioning given my relative lack of blogging this year (my Twitter feed isn't quite so neglected):

Hobby over Colyton on May 15th and June 5th.
Another Red Kite over Colyton on May 22nd. Not quite the same numbers as I had here last year...
Knot, Grey Plover & 4 Greenshanks on the Axe estuary on May 16th.
Even later news, and there are pics to follow at some point, is that there was a Wood Warbler near Lower Bruckland Ponds on May 5th.


No comments:

Post a Comment