Friday 19 May 2017

Hobby

Thursday 18th but posting after midnight so it'll appear as Friday 19th.
It's been a bit of of a mixed day for me; Ian Mc texted with news of an Iceland Gull near Coronation Corner at 08:45 but I couldn't escape a meeting until 09:30. I hurried down to try and double the number of Iceland Gulls I've seen this year but it had gone by the time I arrived.

Some heavy rain early evening had me out again in the hope that it could drop some waders in but 5 Dunlin on Black Hole Marsh was the limit of it. A Hobby over BHM at 19:40 was bird of the day for me but I would have preferred the Iceland Gull...

Dunlin
Hobby
Swallow & Sand Martin 
House Martin with Sand Martins

2 comments:

  1. Lucky man, I've never seen a Hobby before. I'm hoping to catch one at Longham this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd expect a few sightings here each year but it's a case of being in the right place at the right time; they're often just a brief fly through. Smart birds though - good luck with getting one on your patch.

      Delete