Thursday 6 April 2017

Waders at Black Hole Marsh

It felt very warm under the Sun at times today, almost t-shirt and shorts temperature! Ian Mc found a Greenshank on BHM in the afternoon and it was still present at dusk. I took a few snaps but as with all of the 'better' birds on BHM lately, it was showing distantly. Only other birds of note whilst I was there was 2 Swallows and the Knot which has now been here for a few days.

For those of you that come here primarily for the photos, I'm hoping to get back to posting half-decent pics soon; the last few posts have been distant subjects only. Unfortunately the only birds I got close views of today were ducks and geese and I did resort to taking pics of Teal. Some of the Black-tailed Godwits are looking stunning in their summer plumage now but I'm still waiting for one to pose close to Island Hide...

Moorhen & Greenshank

Mallard & Knot

No comments:

Post a Comment