Tuesday 8 November 2016

Spoonbill on Patch

Another Spoonbill turned up on patch today - Ian Mc sent a message around 10am but I couldn't get down for a while. I set out early afternoon but others said there had been no sign so I thought the opportunity had gone. I figured Seaton Marshes is the place it's most likely to be able to hide from us so I waited there hoping it'd give itself up (assuming it was still around somewhere). Good decision! It was using small pools on the banks in front of Seaton Marshes Hide so it was out of sight for extended periods of time. I sent out messages to others who hadn't managed to find it but then the bird headed high and West over the town so it seemed as though it was moving on. Thankfully it returned 10 mins later and sat out on the Estuary until dusk.

Here's a few snaps, most of them fairly distant. Light was also at a premium as it was a dull & damp afternoon (photos were taken at ISO 4000 and the shutter speeds were still struggling).





No comments:

Post a Comment