Friday 19 February 2016

Bird of the Month - February

Perhaps slightly premature, but I fancy a change of header image so doing a 'bird of the month' is a good way to keep changing it. The bird for February without a doubt has to be the stunning drake Green-Winged Teal which is (primarily) on Black Hole Marsh. A lot of cold, wet, windy hours finally paid off this afternoon; I've clocked up over 50 hours on this bird now, even taking a laptop with me so I could work in the hide. This is one of those scenarios that fits in with the 'obsession' side of the hobby which I mentioned in this post. An aesthetically pleasing scarcity on patch is basically Heaven.

These pics were taken at 16:30 in dull and rainy conditions, but I had the hide to myself and the bird came the closest I've seen it to date!




And here's my favourite pic; a bit further away but it's nice and natural with a clean background. Lovely! This is the one that will be the new header of this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment