Monday 2 September 2013

BOOM!!! 2 juv Spotted Redshank at Black Hole Marsh

Something fairly (only fairly, unfortunately) scarce new in at last! Steve found 2 Spotted Redshank on the estuary this afternoon so I headed down as soon as I got out of work. They'd moved to Black Hole Marsh by then and remained frustratingly distant at 100m ish. They flew over the estuary at around 19:20 and haven't been seen since, fingers crossed they'll be posing nicely on BHM when I arrive at 06:00 tomorrow morning!
Also there are a few pics from this morning. The Dunlin ones are a tad grainy as the light was rather lacking at 06:30, and I was using high ISO to freeze some bathing action with the Dunlin. I'm quite pleased with how they came out considering the circumstances.

Dunlin

Dunlin

Dunlin

Spotted Redshank

Spotted Redshank

Showing both Spotted Redshank

Female Kingfisher at 06:30

No comments:

Post a Comment