Saturday 22 January 2011

Colyton birding (brief!!)

I had an unexpected hour to spare this afternoon so I headed out around Colyton with my camera gear. As per usual the weather was unfavourable. Cloudy, cold, dark and generally awful conditions for photography! I walked towards an area near the playing fields after receiving a tip off that a goldcrest was frequently present there (thanks Helga). Despite not being particularly rare I'd still only ever seen two of these birds before this one in my lifetime!!! So regardless of the weather I was pleased that a goldcrest turned up after about 20 minutes of waiting. Here are a few snaps that I managed to take. I apologise for poor image quality, conditions were bad and the bird never stayed still for more than half a second or so!! And it insisted on hiding behind vegetation. There are a couple of pics of other species too, all photographed in the same area:





No comments:

Post a Comment